Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend update....


Once again another great weekend here in Salida, Colorado. Friday evening Sherrie and I hosted a informal get together at our place. We have such great friends! It was a fun evening, then early Saturday (me, still very blurry from too much wine the night before) we setup at the Salida farmers market. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny morning. Sherrie sold some of her gorgeous art and I played my Chapman Stick and sold some CDs.

Speaking of the CD, "Residue" is now the featured CD at Stick Enterprises. World renowned Stickist Greg Howard posted a great review. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited!

Sunday morning Sherrie and I went to the County Fair. Mutton Busting (small children riding sheep) was quite entertaining! We also saw an impressive display of antique steam powered tractors, since both of us are closet steampunks we found it fascinating.
Back at home, our street was closed down for the day for the Salida Omnium bike race. All day long cyclists went whizzing by the house, watching them fly by was making me dizzy!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

David, Just wondering what your plans are for your next CD? :-D

I play "Residue" so much I'm going to wear it out :)

Lindy in AZ

David Tipton said...

Thanks Lindy! I think the next one will be a little more upbeat, but still melodic. I'm hoping to start on it in the fall.